Animal Care / Veterinary Services
Second Stride is a prominent nonprofit in the horse racing industry located just outside of Louisville. We provide professional rehabilitation, retraining and placement of retired thoroughbred racehorses at our two locations. We place over 100 horse each year and accept horses from all over the country. Comprised of horsemen and business professionals who are active in other areas of the racing industry (owners, partnership managers, handicappers, trainers, veterinarians, racetrack executives), Second Stride works to improve racing from within. Second Stride is set up to assist professionals in racing to retire a horse safely and give it a new opportunity. Second Stride has been and continues to be the place entrusted with over 1400 horses since 2005..
Visit our website secondstride.org to learn more about the Second Stride mission, process, horses and more!
- Over 100 horses adopted through Second Stride each year.
- Second Stride is comprised of horsemen and business professionals who are active in other areas of the racing industry
- Broodmare & Bloodstock program serves broodmares & non-racing stock including yearlings.
- The largest equine rehab, retraining, rehoming organization in greater Louisville area.
- Served 20 horses through new Broodmare & Bloodstock program