HighPoint Charitable Services is a volunteer-driven organization working to bring wholeness to the community, share the gospel and meet physical needs. HighPoint meets the needs of children, fragile adults, the elderly, and families. HighPoint helps with resources to reduce the suffering of families caught in the cycle of hunger, poverty, and homelessness. Located in LaGrange, KY, HighPoint serves Oldham and surrounding counties, reaching over 1,500 client families annually with over 20,000 service events.
HighPoint’s Administrative Assistant supports the administrative and operational needs of HighPoint while specifically supporting the Office Manager. This role provides opportunities to complete detailed tasks and interface with clients and volunteers. As part of a small staff, this role will work as a team to help HighPoint achieve its mission: to bring wholeness to the community, share the gospel, and meet physical needs.
Normal Work Schedule:
Mondays: 8:30-3:30pm Wednesdays: 8:30-2:30pm
Tuesdays: 8:30-2:30pm Thursdays: 8:30-2:30pm
** Additional hours are available and required during large programs and events throughout the year.
- Execute day-to-day office activities
- Answer HighPoint phone, general email, and social media inquiries
- Organize and enter data for all recordkeeping needs
- Assist in onboarding new volunteers
- Provide administrative support for Office Manager as needed
- Provide client care by triaging client needs, coordinating shut-in deliveries, assisting with client check-in during open hours
- Support annual events for clients, volunteers, and donors (i.e., client holiday events, volunteer appreciation, and fundraising events)
- Strong organizational skills are required to perform a wide variety of administrative tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to engage with clients, volunteers, and staff with an attitude of compassion, patience, and teamwork
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Experience with or ability to learn QuickBooks, Canva, and other database software